Teen Guy Room Design
Decorating Teen Boys Bedrooms – 3 Theme Ideas
Are you looking for some creative ideas for decorating teen boys bedrooms?
A good place to start is to speak with your son re: his tastes and interests. For instance, does he play a particular sport or is he a sports fan? Maybe he loves the outdoors and likes camping, fishing and hunting? What does he see himself doing as a career? If he envisions a life in the military, then maybe a camouflage bedroom would be of interest.
Following are three popular bedroom decor ideas for teen boys bedrooms. Hopefully they will be of interest to your son, if not, hopefully they will afford some inspiration.
Speaking of inspiration, the best place to begin (that is after you’ve spoken with your son about his tastes and interests) is to consider favorite colors and invest in a quality bedding set that will coordinate with the bedroom.
What teen doesn’t love sports? Depending on your teenager’s interests you could go with a contemporary or vintage sports teen bedroom theme.
Teen boys bedrooms with a sports theme is easily accomplished by combing your home for old, no longer used sports equipment to display on the walls or buying some at garage sales or secondhand shops. When it comes to bedding, consider a standard denim comforter or a quilt or duvet cover with a sports motif.
If your son has any outgrown team jerseys consider turning them into throw pillows. Consider what else you may have around your home (e.g. stored away in the garage or attic) that fits into the theme e.g. old felt pennants, team pictures, trophies etc.
When creating a sports theme room your options are vast – you can incorporate many sports together or focus on a single favorite sport and look for accessories in coordinating colors e.g. green or burgandy wastepaper baskets, storage containers, or photo frames to complement the colors found in your sports decor items such as baseball gloves and bats. Speaking of bats, a collection of them can be turned into an awesome looking headboard. Likewise, a hockey stick can be fashioned into a curtain rod.
The camouflage look is popular with many teens. A desert paint color on the walls is a great place to start. These days camouflage bedding comes in a variety of shades from traditional khaki and tan to blue and even pink for girls. You should be able to find a nice camouflage bed-in-a-bag set for a reasonable price.
A lantern is a good alternative to a bedside lamp or if you already have a lamp you’d like to reuse, consider adding a plain cardboard shade (just make sure you use a low watt light bulb that doesn’t get too hot and present a fire hazard.)
Other camouflage decor ideas include hanging some mesh netting, putting up some military posters, and adding a decorative shelf of army memorabilia.
Imagine the quiet beauty of the wilderness and try to bring the feel of the great outdoors inside with a room theme that features bears, moose, fish and all things natural and rustic.
Plaid flannel bedding and coordinating window treatments along with accessories like old fishing rods, paddles, and fishing nets hung on your son’s walls will give your teen’s room a cabin-like feel. If your son likes birding as mine does, don’t forget to add in a bird house or two and hang up a pair of binoculars along with the odd related poster or two.
Wood furniture especially anything made of pine and decorative accessories like a shadow box of fishing lures or treasures found in nature as well as photos of outdoor adventures are other great decor ideas.
You may also be able to find decorative shelves in the shape of a canoe or outhouse to help bring the look of your wilderness/outdoor bedroom theme together.
Finally, whatever way you decide to decorate your teen boys room can be easily accented by shopping via reputable online retailers like Amazon.com and checking out the products available on sites that offer information on decorating teen boys bedrooms.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5672748
Teens are very much different from the regular little kids in school. Their tastes greatly vary and so when you decide to paint your teen boy’s bedroom, you should have extraordinary painting ideas just to capture their attention.
To aid you in your special painting project, don’t forget these cool painting ideas specially conceptualized for your teen boy’s bedroom.
1. Painting your teen’s room with only plain colored paint can sometimes be boring for your boy; so it would be best to have a mural painting on their wall. You can choose a certain theme that your teen boy is interested with and paint it on the wall. Since he’s already old enough, you can even let him join in the painting process. You will surely have a good time.
2. For your painting mural, you can have a motor sports theme, surf theme, and any other appropriate theme that your boy likes.
3. Do a solid color theme for your boy’s room. Aside from the solid color, you can also use other colors, however, be sure to use them in little amounts. If you follow this tip, your boy’s room can have an excellent overall design.
4. As mentioned a bit earlier, the theme can also be about sports like basketball, swimming, football, and any other sport that your boy loves playing. All you have to do is to choose the best paint color that will suit the theme. After choosing the paint’s color, you can choose the room’s accessories that will complement the color of the bedroom wall.
5. Get your boy involved in the work. He knows what he likes so let him do the choosing. Your task is just to guide him and help him. During one weekend, the family can all help together to paint the bedroom. Family bonding is one way to bring the family closer together.
Your search for the best painting ideas for your boy’s bedroom is over. Now, you can have a lot of choices. Make a good decision for your boy’s room.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/485116